The USATC is a practical, professional training course for agency-based student counsellors developed by ICEF and delivered in cooperation with PIER. The course is available online and free of charge to agency student counsellors in a self-paced modular format. Related testing and assessment sessions occur at ICEF Workshops and in conjunction with selected industry events around the world. Participants who complete the USATC assessment successfully will be issued with a certificate, certifying them as a US Course Graduate (USCG).
PIER - Professional International Education Resources - is a web-based portal providing information and training to individuals involved in international education. It consists of a substantial database of resources and news, and the PIER training courses. PIER links to relevant websites across the field of international education globally. PIER offers:
- Access to formal qualifications through a suite of competency-based courses at diploma and certificate III level.
- A growing database of information
- Access to professional networks worldwide
- News of professional development opportunities and conferences.
PIER also assists in connecting people across organisations and professional networks. The Education Agent Training Course (EATC) is contained within the wider group of PIER courses for international education professionals. The Education Agent Training Course (EATC) is specifically aimed at education agents who counsel and refer students to study in Australia. It is contained within the wider group of PIER courses for international education professionals, and is offered in partnership with Australia Education International (AEI) and the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). The PIER courses - diploma to certificate programmes in International Education Services - have been successfully delivered since July 2006. For more information on the EATC and PIER courses, click here.
An internet-enabled and connected computer with an up-to-date web browser, Adobe Reader, and a Flash Player programme installed (PIER recommends using Adobe Flash Player).
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows® Macintosh Linux®
- Intel® Pentium® II 450MHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
- PowerPC® G3 500MHz or faster processor
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor
- 800MHz or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM, 128MB of graphics memory
- Click here for free Adobe Reader download
- Click here for free Adobe Flash Player download